- Wade's Wiki
- Student Links
- Story Resources
- Class Procedures
- About Ms. Wade
- Reading/Language Arts
- Parent Resources
- Teacher Resources
- Inspired Classroom
- Computer Center
- Student Council
- Classroom Tour
- Class Pets
- 5th Grade Assessments
- Third Grade Archives
- First Grade Archive
- Preposition Song
- LA CRCT Review
- Earth Dragon Awakes Scavenger Hunt
- Conference Schedule
- 5th Grade Math
Academic Room Coordinator: Sonja Morin
Social Room Coordinator: Jen Cloud/Ali Cregan
We enjoy having volunteers in our classroom. If you are interested in helping out in the classroom please read below:
read with small groups
Science Lab: We will visit the science lab several times this year. Parent volunteers are needed. Our academic coordinator will contact you with the specific activities and dates for the labs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO VOLUNTEER:
1. Attend one of the PTA volunteer training classes if you have not done so. This is not necessary if you will be reading to the class or if you have been previously trained. Dates and times for the training classes scheduled are found in the PTA and school newsletters.
2. Complete the provided schedules. Please sign up for as many days/times that you are available and willing to volunteer. There will be duplications since this is going out to each family separately. Therefore, we will coordinate and communicate a monthly calendar. After the schedules have been provided, you will need to contact our class academic coordinator to schedule volunteer time.
3. Read “Important Things to Remember When Volunteering”.
4. Return the completed forms with your child. Thank you for your quick response!!
Thank you for taking the time to help your child and Ms. Wade. We will coordinate the information that we receive from you as soon as possible. There is a lot of information to process and coordinate. Communicating via email is definitely the most efficient way. Please provide us with your email address where we have indicated. Of course, we need you to check your emails often as well!
If you have any questions please contact one of us directly via phone or email. We look forward to working with each of you throughout the year.
Important Things to Remember About Volunteering
1. Always be on time. The class has a tight schedule and a lot to accomplish in a day.
2. Story time: Please be prepared with books to read to the children for approximately 30 minutes. If you need, stop by the library and the librarian will be happy to help you make a selection or two.
3. Ms. Wade will be teaching other students during the time you are volunteering. She will provide you with information to get you started with your activity. Once the activity begins, she will not be able to help because she will be focused on other students.
4. If you cannot make your scheduled time, please call another parent to try and find a substitute. Once we have received your information packets, we will complete a class list for you to use to contact other substitute volunteers.
5. Please let the Academic Coordinator know if you are unable to make your scheduled time and whether you found a replacement. She will communicate the necessary changes to Ms. Wade.
6. Most importantly: Please do not share any information regarding any student and their educational levels. This information is confidential and does not need to be shared with anyone other than Ms. Wade.